Our featured artist today is Sheri of Xabia Jewels. She handcrafts beautiful and unique jewelry, and offers custom design services for brides to be. Read on for the scintillating details!
1. Where are you located?
2. Tell us a little about yourself.
My passion is jewelry. I love to envision, design, and create beautiful pieces. I have always worked full-time within Corporate America but since going part-time have been able to pursue some of the interests that I could only imagine I would ever be able to do on my own time, such as jewelry creation.
3. What special things do you create for weddings?
My expertise would be the creation of bridal sets to include: necklace, earrings, and bracelets for the entire wedding party.
4. Who or what sparked your interest in making wedding-related items?
I would say I was turned on to creating wedding jewelry as I was doing so for friends and family. Also, my desire to make each bride’s BIG DAY special to her as it should be.
5. What is a little known fact, or something unique about your work that is interesting? One of my pieces was recently highlighted in the swag bags that were presented to celebrity guests attending the Grand Gala event of the Kentucky Derby this year. (Link to article)
6. If you are married, what’s the one thing you wish you had for your wedding that you didn’t?
My day was perfect…I couldn’t have asked for more.
7. What is your favorite wedding song?
“If this world were mine” – Luther Vandross
8. What is your favorite part of the wedding journey?
I would say that the time of a couple’s courtship prior to the BIG DAY is my favorite, most important and special because it’s the beginning of creating beautiful memories that will last forever and continue after the wedding day.
9. What is your perfect honeymoon spot?
10. If you could pick anyone famous that would purchase your items for their wedding, who would they be?
Wow! Good question…hmmm.
11. If you could choose 1 item from your shop that you wish every bride could have, what would it be?
My crystal cluster necklace. It is absolutely stunning!
12. Links where we can find out more about your work: www.xabiajewel.com and http://www.flickr.com/photos/xjewels/