Our featured artist for the day is Ashley Rippke of Izzy and the Bean Design and Photography. She and her husband create custom wedding stationary and graphics design at prices that won't break your wedding budget. Their beautiful designs and eye-catching colors are certain to have brides saying "I do!"
1. Where are you located?
Corpus Christi, TX
2. Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m a full-time graphic designer, with a BFA from Iowa State University. My husband and I are both graphic designers and moved to TX for jobs a year ago with our two baby dachshunds, Izzy and Bean. I love my job, and my newly found obsession with Etsy!
3. What special things do you create for weddings?
I create beautiful, but affordable, custom wedding invitations and stationary.
4. Who or what sparked your interest in making wedding-related items?
When I got married I wanted to design my own invites. But, being a working college student, I wasn’t sure I had the time. So I searched and searched for an invitation to use and never found anything I liked for under $7 a piece…which was not in my budget. I ended up designing my own, and decided a wanted to start a business that gave people a low-stress place to buy professionally designed and printed invitations within their budget.
5. What is a little known fact, or something unique about your work that is interesting?
I work really fast, and if needed can get invites designed, printed, and shipped in about 2 weeks. And for some of my designs I can do really high quality digital prints, instead of the offset I usually use, which is a great way to save a lot of money!
6. If you are married, what’s the one thing you wish you had for your wedding that you didn’t? More knowledge about flowers.
7. What is your favorite wedding song?
Crazy Love, Van Morrison. It was our first dance. J
8. What advice can you share for all the brides getting married this year?
Don’t get stressed. It goes by so fast! So enjoy all of it.
9. What is your perfect honeymoon spot?
Las Vegas! Great food, good entertainment, and super affordable…especially for June weddings.
10. If you could pick anyone famous that would purchase your items for their wedding, who would they be?
11. If you could choose 1 item from your shop that you wish every bride could have, what would it be?
A fully “branded” wedding, in which every piece (invites, programs, menus, table numbers) match the other. It’s a really easy way to bring the whole event together.
12. Links where we can find out more about your work: