Today we are talking to Teresa of Designerpi, an invitation boutique on Etsy. She offers exemplary service, stylish designs and complete customization to make your big day one to treasure.
1. Where are you located? Fridley, Minnesota (a suburb of Minneapolis)
2. Tell us a little about yourself. I’ve been married to Greg for 6 years and am a mom of two little girls (Ashley-5, Courtney-3). I love playing competitive volleyball (no community ed leagues). My degrees are in Graphic Design and Studio Art, with a business minor (which I highly recommend to anyone). I have 2 kitties, Ace and Deuce (both tabbys, Ace is orange and deuce is dark brown). My family growing up was always creative, my brother is now a professional photographer and my mom hand crafts stamps and in the past has built our entertainment center and china hut.
3. What special things do you create for weddings? Invitations, rsvp cards, thank you cards… anything printed.
4. Who or what sparked your interest in making wedding-related items? I came across a website one day that sold wedding invitations and thought to myself “I can create these!”. I always thought wedding invitations were embossed, traditional envelope in an envelope in and envelope designs. ;) They’ve come a long way from those stuffy, waste of paper, proper invites.
5. What is a little known fact, or something unique about your work that is interesting? I print the directions on the back of the invitation and my invites involve floods of color. So I can customize any color because the color is printed, it’s not actually the color of the paper.
6. If you are married, what’s the one thing you wish you had for your wedding that you didn’t? My invitations! Plus there’s a designer on Etsy that does colored ruffles that go under your dress, they’re super cute!
7. What is your favorite wedding song? Cannon in D
8. What is your favorite part of the wedding journey? The planning that goes into it to make your day special and individual from anyone elses.
9. What advice can you share for all the brides getting married this year? Really focus on slowing the day down as you go through it. Look at all the details and put the day in slow motion in your mind. Take it all in, especially if you paid for it! It’s your day, don’t worry about anyone else, focus on yourself. It’s ok to be selfish on that day, you deserve it!
10. What is your perfect honeymoon spot? We honeymooned up on the north shore of Minnesota along Lake Superior. We camped right on the lake, waking up to the sound of crashing waves. It was so peaceful and relaxing.
11. If you could pick anyone famous that would purchase your items for their wedding, who would they be? Good question. It would have to be someone who tells everyone how much they love something. So I guess it would be Oprah if she ever decided to get married.
12. If you could choose 1 item from your shop that you wish every bride could have, what would it be? Stationary made out of the wedding invitation designs. I’d just delete the current text. :)
Links where we can find out more about your work: http://www.designerpi.etsy.com/ http://www.designerpi.com/ and http://www.designerpi.blogspot.com/