Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Custom Wedding Stationery: An Interview with Cut The Cake Designs

This week's interview features Tara of Cut the Cake Designs. Tara is located in Lakewood, Colorado (10 minutes outside of Denver). Our second Colorado team member in as many weeks.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I am mom of two beautiful little girls, Kylie and Madalyn. My background is in Early Childhood Education. I have always had a passion for graphic design. I have been creating Wedding Invitations, Favors, Wedding Guest Book Boxes, etc. for friends for years. Then I found Etsy!

What special things do you create for weddings?
My signature item is Wedding Guest Book Boxes.

Who or what sparked your interest in making wedding-related items?
Making Wedding-related items for friends definitely sparked my interest. I love weddings. I especially love going to weddings. I notice every last detail when I’m a guest. I love getting new ideas.

What is a little known fact, or something unique about your work that is interesting?
My Wedding Guest Book Boxes are going to be featured in the fall 09 Brides(Colorado) Magazine!

If you are married, what’s the one thing you wish you had for your wedding that you didn’t?
I am not. Hope to be soon though.

What is your favorite wedding song?
Stay With You by John Legend

What is your favorite part of the wedding journey?
The planning! I’m a big planner. It drives my loved ones a little crazy but I don’t know how to exist otherwise.

What advice can you share for all the brides getting married this year?
First and only advice I like to give… marry your best friend!

What is your perfect honeymoon spot?
I would have to pick Italy. Never been. Hope to go someday. But I am terrified of flying. I’ll have to make the exception.

If you could pick anyone famous that would purchase your items for their wedding, who would they be?
Anne Hathaway.

If you could choose 1 item from your shop that you wish every bride could have, what would it be?
Definitely my Wedding Guest Book Boxes! I’ve been told my brides that have ordered them how they love to keep the box on there coffee table and read through the loving notes from their guests.

Links where we can find out more about your work:
Cut the Cake Designs Etsy Shop.


1 comments:

Chez said...

Love your work. Thanks for sharing a bit more about yourself. All the best moving forward
Beadz2Pleaz