Search This Blog

Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering September 11, 2001


Today is a day that most of us will never forget. Every year when this day comes I always reminisce on the days events, and can remember every single detail as if it happened yesterday. Being a born and bred New Yorker this is always a tough time of the year for our city and state. I was in NY on 09-11, but in the suburbs at college, my mom was actually working in the city and called me to tell me what happened just after the 1st plane hit. Once we hung up all cell phones went dead for the day in NY so there was no further communication between us for many hours so of course I was worried. Like most americans, we spend the day in front of the television watching what happened in horror.

While I don't know anyone directly who passed that day, I do know someone who knows someone who knows someone.......that did. So I just wanted to take a moment to reflect on that day, and would like to hear your experiences of the day as well. Please leave a comment and let us know what you were doing that day, and how this tragedy has affected your life in any way.

Sending condolences to all the families who have lost loved ones.....gone but never forgotten.

0 comments: