Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Designer Photo Imaging: An Interview with designerpi

This weeks interview features:
Teresa Setterlund from designerpi (soon to open appleberryink by 2010. Teresa is located North of Minneapolis, about 20 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> Isnt't her pic just adorable!




Tell us a little about yourself:
I grew up in the small town of St. Michael, MN. I enjoyed playing volleyball, basketball and softball. Ok, maybe I didn’t enjoy basketball, but it helped keep me in shape between the other 2 sports, haha. I had an interest in art my whole life, my brother and I would draw non-stop any time we were at my grandparents home. I received an art scholarship from St. Mary’s University in Winona, MN, so I pursued degrees in Graphic Design and Studio Art. Out of college I worked for the Minneapolis Star Tribune paper for 6 years and the past 3 years I’ve worked part-time for Ad Strategies (advertising agency) until this present day. I also have a home office where I create my invitations and announcements. I’ve been married for 7 years to Greg and have 2 little girls (Ashley 6 & Courtney 4). I might as well have been a gymnast with all the balancing acts I do everyday!

What special things do you create for weddings?
Invitations, response cards, announcements, thank you cards, stationary and now I’m offering programs, place cards, table numbers and menus.

Who or what sparked your interest in making wedding-related items?
I just kind of fell into it. I had come across a wedding invitation website over a year ago and thought to myself, I can do that! I love creating feminine designs, as opposed to some of the nasty ugly car ads I had to work on at the Star Tribune, yuck!

What is a little known fact, or something unique about your work that is interesting?
I guess you could say that I have the directions printed on the back. I get a lot of response from people who are eco conscience that they like the idea of wasting less paper. I also think that it’s easier on the guests not having to keep track of multiple loose cards!

If you are married, what’s the one thing you wish you had for your wedding that you didn’t?
Maybe a more formal ride from the ceremony to the reception, or to have taken the top off of the jeep we rode in. It was a nice new Jeep Wrangler, so I’m by no means complaining, we got there didn’t we?

What is your favorite wedding song?
I love Cannon in D

What is your favorite part of the wedding journey?
The big day of course! I did enjoy going to bridal fairs too.

What advice can you share for all the brides getting married this year?
Enjoy your day, it was meant for you as a couple, not a day to cater to your guests. Delegate EVERYTHING and worry about nothing. This day will go by fast and you need to soak up every second of it. Focus on each other, everyone else will be having a good time and so should you!

What is your perfect honeymoon spot?
Ours was on the north shore of Lake Superior. We didn’t have a lot of money, so we couldn’t go to Mexico or anywhere lavish. It sufficed and was absolutely beautiful.

If you could pick anyone famous that would purchase your items for their wedding, who would they be?
Oprah Winfrey. Everyone wants what Oprah says is hot! I would be busy for life!

If you could choose 1 item from your shop that you wish every bride could have, what would it be?
I’d probably say their own personal stationary. It’s nice to have something generic that you can use to drop a note to say hi or send a thank you without having to buy specialized occasion cards. If you’re in a pinch you can even use them as a birthday card!

Links where we can find out more about your work:
Etsy and 1000 Markets are my only shops. I’ll soon be opening Appleberry Ink (appleberryink) on both Etsy and 1000 Markets. That will focus on my stationary and Designer Photo Imaging (designerpi) will have my photo art effects, collages and my baseball autograph sheets. I also have my own website that I will be converting to just have links to my Etsy shops (www.designerpi.com).

0 comments: